lørdag den 18. februar 2012

Young Danish DJ Dee Brown returns to NWS Cast



Daniel Bruhn aka. Dee Brown needs no introduction here on NWS Cast. He is only 16 years old and rules the 1's & 2's like an oldtimer. The last time he did a mix for us it was all deep house and most of it new productions. On this mix he shows a wider side of his taste which is also more matured. This kid age fast and in the direction of a bright future. Keep an eye on this guy!


Q: It's been a while since you made your last NWS mix. How has it been going for you since?

A: It has been going very well! I began at the gymnasium (equivalent to a US high school) this summer to follow the music program, which i've been very happy about so far. I have also started a radio/blog /mix/interview site for Dunkel Bar this January, where we i.e. release mixes and interviews from danish as well as international DJ's and producers. Among others we've had the NWS crew Samuel and Christoffer (2 Bit Crew) as well as XXXY, KiNK and Falty DL. Check www.dunkelradio.com. I also get good gigs these days and on the side I am working on an EP with my brother for his record label Studiestrasse. It actually couldn't be any better, hehe…

Q: It seems as if you've played on most clubs for electronic music in Denmark. Have you reached your goal?

A: There is a couple of places in DK here I really want to play - Culture Box, V58… apart from that the next goal must be to play in other countries.

Q: You are still very young. What do you feel is the most interesting in your life right now (not just musically)?

A: Hehe that's a tough question, but I would say that Dunkel Radio is the most exciting and inspiring that I'm doing at the moment. We get the opportunity to interview and even play alongside some of our favorite producers and DJ's (John Roberts just to name one), and also I really enjoy working together with the dunked radio crew. At times it can be hard, but it's a fun job!

Q: Are you still playing vinyl?

A: Yes, I am playing 99% vinyl when Im out! I use cd's to play own productions. Vinyl forever!

Q: You've begun to produce more music. Have you given it any thought to why you want to make music and not just DJ?

A: Actually I haven't. It just feels natural to make music apart from DJ'ing. I truly enjoy both things very much!

At last I want to thanks NWS for letting me be a part of their cast. I really feel it has brought me forward and I don't think that I would have gotten this far this fast if it had not been for the fact that the NWS crew has taken me under their wings!! Thanks!

Tracklist:

The Analogue Cops - Untitled #1
Big Strick - War Dance
Gemini - Soho
VA City 2 City - All The Time
Johannes Volk - The Power Of A Vision
Stephen Brown - Speak
The Analogue Cops - Untitled #3
Appointment - Reel To Real A2
Mondo - Work Me Baby (Rootstrax Remix)
MD2 - MD2.4.3
2562 - Wasteland (Head High Remix)
Bleak - Ekko
WK7 - Higher Power
Tripmastaz - Utilized Stock Sounds
John Heckle - Ancient Deep
Anton Zap - Clarksville

DOWNLOAD




Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar